Sorry for the lack of updates but it has been a very busy week. Training is going well though my body has been taking quite the beating. My hands are ripped, cut and blistered and my feet have seen far better days. I've not only bruised both heals I've managed in just ten days to wear holes in my only pair of running shoes. Thankfully today has been mainly one of rest. Though there will be plenty of underwater kicking and punching practice later, along with a technique review, it will all be close to zero impact.
Ive got a few pictures for you from a most wonderful resort atop one of the mountains here on Mindoro. Thursday Sensei and I headed to the Pondarosa Golf Course. Which oddly enough is a course of nine holes scattered along various hillsides and along ravines. While the course is populated by a number of various creatures (including what I was told is a rather venomous centipede) it is simply amazing and far beyond anything either of us could play upon in the States. (And if you must know I had 57 strokes on a par 30 which was still six strokes better than Sensei)
Tomorrow Master Rodell will arrive and some seriously hardcore training will begin. We also hope to make a trek back out to Puerto Galera to purchase a washing machine and to visit what we have been told is the only ATM on the island. It was sadly out of order on our last visit and while we have money for the moment the idea of traveling to the mainland for cash is not one that I wish to explore. So long for now!
~T








