Here I sit in NYC waiting out the hours before I depart for 3 months in the Philippines...
Just to catch some of you up to speed. My name is Tom and I'm about to spend my entire summer doing intensive martial arts training on the island of Negros. Think Kill Bill but with a sadistic Filipino named Rodell instead of the Chinese Pai Mei. I exaggerate of course. I'm sure he's a nice guy. (a nice guy who is going to beat the snot out of me on a daily biases)
Anyway I'm all packed with simply one duffel bag as a carry on. (I hate checking luggage) I'm bringing my 2lb acer aspire laptop but I doubt I'll have steady internet access. Though whenever I do you will find this blog here as a window into the adventure I am jumping head long into.
Have I mentioned I do not speak the language in any shape or from and that I have yet to hear back from my Sensi who is supposed to meet me at the airport...
AWESOME~!
