Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sorry for the lack of udates lately but life has been a blur! Traveled to Batangas and Manila to train. Training at the village was quite an experience. Dauntingly long sessions of drilling coupled with dummy fighting and direct combat left me more than a little exhausted. Spent the fourth of July eating burgers and drinking beers which Sensi and I felt was most appropriate course of action. I managed with considerable effort to acquire a new camera and air mattress so that was a positive. You will see some pictures below which include the village and pictures of me eating a south pacific delicacy called Balut. Oh and don't click that link unless you have a rather strong stomach.

We have had several typhoons in the area causing lots of rain and huge surf. After training last week we heard cries for help from the friends of a man who had been pulled out by a large wave beyond a rock wall cliff. We ran to help and after climbing up and over the rock face found him clinging to a boulder amid the surf. We managed to swim out and retrieve him but it was quite a hairy scenario. Aside from the storms this week started off with some safer adventure as not only did I complete my PADI SCUBA diving certification but we also held a big party to celebrate Master Rodel's 60th Birthday! It was filled with seafood, cake, Karaoke and exorbitant amounts of merriment.

This weekend I may be traveling solo to meet some dive friends in Baraki, on the island of Palawan. I have no clue where we are going and what the exact plan is however I see little reason not to go. Sensi and our other American guest will follow Master again to the mainland for some in depth training and to be honest I'm a little relieved to me missing out. That is all for now!

~T